Thursday, June 23, 2011

TRANSFER UPDATE: Bendtner, Vela, Samba, and Enrique

Alright then. Sorry for the lack of posts, but I've been a little bit busy.



     First off, let's start with Nicklas Bendtner. He has been linked with multiple clubs, but it now seems that Borussia Dortmund are leading the chase It is rumored that Dortumnd will make an eleven million pound bid for Nick, IF Lucas Barrios is sold. Eleven million sounds good for him, so let's hope the bid can go through.          That's not to say I don't want him to stay, but he's already set on going, sadly.





     Regarding Carlos Vela, his agent Eduardo Hernandez has come out and said this:
     “I’ve had eight conversations with Arsenal, the most recent was last Friday, and Carlos is an Arsenal player, he’ll stay at Arsenal and is not for sale”. 
     This is very interesting... It seems that Vela has no place in our starting XI, and isn't exactly a winger. That would lead me to believe Wenger either wants to make Vela into a winger, or he plans on playing two up front. Either way, with the arrival of Gervinho, and with van Persie, Arshavin, Chamakh, Walcott, and maybe Nasri to compete with, I'm not sure how he will break in. Perhaps Arsene wants to send him out on loan again? I'm not sure. But I'd rather just ship him out. A few late, cheeky goals over a keeper in a thrashing of a poor team aside, he hasn't done much for us.





     With the growing speculation of Clichy leaving us and heading out, it seems Arsene has started his search for a replacement, with Newcastle's Jose Enrique heavily linked.
     Manager Alan Pardew said this regarding the speculation:
     "I’m still hopeful that Enrique, who was a big player for us last year, stays at the club and we can entice him to stay. We are still working on that. We’re not confident we can keep him, but we’re not scared of losing him."
     This looks good, and I completely welcome a move like this. Enrique has shown he can compete in the Premier League, he's a good crosser and passer, and he'd be a good swap for Clichy. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the defensive side of Enrique's game. As if anyone wasn't aware, we need a solid defense!




     More news on Samba, and the latest is this quote from him:
     "I know there are discussions with some clubs. For four-and-a-half years I have been at Blackburn and fought against relegation. If a good opportunity presents itself, I want to take it. I hope the club will understand if I want to make the step up and not prevent a deal.”
     Meanwhile, Blackburn's boss Steve Kean said this:

     "I said earlier this year you are always going to have interest in your good players. It means they’re playing well and you’re playing well as a team. We don’t have to sell him [Samba]. He signed a five-year contract in the last window. He’s one of the players we would like keep. We’re going to try and hold on to all our good players.” 
     I'm starting to get a little bit worried to be honest. I heard a week ago that only the wage deal had to be settled, but this would lead us in the opposite direction. But this is football, and anything can happen.


     That's that for today, I just wanted to make this post short and chock full of fact. Tomorrow I'll have some more updates, and a problem I've found with Arsenal in the transfer market this summer.... Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment