Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Barcelona Preview - It's Our Time

     Alright.
     I'm so excited. But that excitement is mixed with nerves. I'm fearful of the fact that we're playing against the mighty Barcelona, and that Leo Messi is the best in the world. Their side is the best in the world, and their current record scares me. But we have to look at the positives- last year at the Camp Nou we nearly got a result. And that was without a plethora of our starters.
     This year we've got nearly everyone, so things should turn out better.

     Johann Djourou has a positive out look to playing Messi and Barcelona:
You do not get scared [of facing Messi]. If I was scared, I wouldn’t be playing tomorrow. You have to be excited not scared. It is true Messi is good one versus one but, as cover, we can be hard to beat.

We know they are a great team going forward and we will have to defend well and be focused for 90 minutes. But do not forget we have great players as well. It will be interesting.


     Regarding injuries it looks like Nasri will be fit to play tonight, and will start over Arshavin. It's a shame because Arshavin has been playing well as of late, but Nasri will provide more defensive cover for Clichy. Just pray that Nasri won't injure himself again, and he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

     Also, I have to apologize- on my previous post I said that Sagna would play. A woeful mistake on my part. Eboue has to play in place of Sagna.
     Not happy about it, to be honest. Eboue is going to have to sit back more than he's used to, and not go on his marauding runs as often as he does. Keeping David Villa quiet is no easy task.

     Wenger said yesterday that van Persie could be the 'X factor' that Arsenal needs to defeat Barcelona.
He also said that he will not set the Arsenal team to play more defensively. It will be the usual attacking Arsenal side we see every weekend. As if anyone expected anything different.

     Le Grove is trying to get everyone at the Emirates to chant 'Get your hands of Fabregas'
I myself don't really see the point in it. It isn't the transfer market, and I think we all know Cesc will eventually go so I see no productivity with the song.

     All in all, I think we really can defeat Barca tonight. My predicted scoreline is 3-2 to the Arsenal. 2 for van Persie, 1 for Walcott, 1 for Messi and 1 for Pedro.

     That's it for today. Got to go prepare for later. Off to grab some diapers for when I shit my pants.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment