Friday, February 11, 2011

Sick of Newcastle, Wolves Preview, No Injuries!, and Other News

     Well hello there.
     You may have noticed that I haven't been on in a while. The reason being, Newcastle. That four all draw was probably the most painful thing to ever happen to me. Not even snapping my tibula in similar fashion to Cesc* was as painful.
*However, I did not score a penalty to earn a draw to Barcelona. I writhed on the ground in agony and then went to the hospital.

     I really don't want to get into much detail about the Newcastle match, but i'll summarize it quickly for you, in short bullets to comfort your simple minds -
  • Fantastic start, however I didn't exactly think Newcastle defended very well. (They were shit)
  • Barton should've recieved a yellow for his tackle on Arshavin.
  • Shit, Djourou's off.
  • Fuck, Squillaci's on.
  • Red card tackle on Diaby from Barton. No foul???
  • Understandable reaction from Diaby considereing what he has experienced in his career.
  • No excuse for the reaction, though.
  • Why on earth did we panic?
  • Eboue and Rosicky is not defensive solidity.
  • Eboue? Really? Why not Gibbs? Chamack? Bendtner?
  • First penalty understandable.
  • Red card for Nolan on Szczesny if red card for Diaby, naturally? Nope.
  • Oy Arsenal, lets start passing the ball... How about some possesion?
  • Second goal - meh.
  • Second Penalty- What the fuck was that for? Holy shit.
  • Fourth goal - Let's be honest, that was amazing. But note: the free kick that they scored from was because of Rosicky's terrible touch and resulted in Rosicky commiting a foul.
  • Why was RvP's goal disallowed? Were his shin guards not NOCSAE approved or some shit? Bloody hell.
  • 4-4
  • I've never sworn more in my life during that match.
     Well. thats what I thought. I'd like to hear your thoughts though, too.
     But thoughts I don't want to hear from: 12 year old kids at soccer practice who speak behind my back while im in the shitter, because I was wearing my Arsenal jacket, proudly. And yes, I confronted them. I said: "Okay kids, you don't know what the hell you're talking about." And then I let slip: "Phil Dowd is a cunt."
I then realized what I had said and walked away at a brisk pace.

     Anyway, on to the good things this week. Or, at least, what should be good things.

     Barca's director of football Raul Sanllehi has come out with a statement that Barcelona will not pursue their chase of our Cesc Fabregas. How much truth is in that I'm not so sure, because he has said that before and then made another bid. He said:

     “Cesc is a great Catalan player. He played for us as a kid and he will be welcome back at Barcelona for the Champions League match. Right now, everything is dead regarding a transfer.”

And rightly so. Barca is in more debt than.............. Well to be honest I don't know of anyone in more debt than them.

     So we've reached and passed the International Break. I usually hate it, and still do. Why the hell do we need friendlies during this time of the season? The last thing we need is another injury. However, for those players that were not called upon by their national teams, they get some rest. But those who werent called upon probably don't get that much playing time for us so I guess their aren't actually and pro's.......
     Anywho, thankfully everyone we sent out has come back alright. Szczesny had a little injury scare, but he's alright. Sagna took an elbow to the mouth from Hulk, and you don't even need to know who Hulk is to know that that one hurt.
     Other than that little collision, Sagna had a great game when he and France took on Brazil in Paris. Clichy and Koscielny didn't play, but Diaby came on later in the match as a sub.

     For the Denmark vs England match Walcott assisted Darren Bent's goal. Fantastic work by him, showing persistence and presence of mind to deliver a ball like he did to the far post.
     I wasn't able to watch the English match, but from what I've heard Wilshere had a good game. Great I think for him to deal with all the pressure that was placed on him after Fabio Capello's comments. Shows his maturity and that we've got someone worth holding onto, in case we didn't already know.

     Oh and Rosicky scored for the Czechs. Kind of makes me hate him more; he never does shit for us.

     Yesterday articles were published saying that Arsenal placed fifth in the world richest football clubs, behind the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, and Bayern München. To be honest, this puzzles me, after the debt that Madrid, Barca and United have accumulated. Bayern on the other hand, I have no idea why they're ahead of us. However, the most important thing we can get out of this list is that we are in the top 5 WHILE being a well run club. Nice try, Barca. The article can be found here via Arsenal Mania.

     Speaking of Barca, Diaby has spoken out saying that he wants to one day play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. His exact words:
"At some point I would like to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid, but I would prefer to play for Barca, because I prefer their style.”

     In my opinion, I can't help but laugh. Scrambling for a place in our squad against Song, I doubt there is any chance for him to beat out Busquets or Khedira. But never say never.

     So this weekend we take on Wolves at the Emirates. It's actually pretty scary to be honest. But there are complications.
     First off, they are giant killers, taking loads of points from teams in the top half of the table - more than us. Also, our away record is much better than home, so you could even say that by being at home we're on the back foot! Weird.
     None the less, when we did go to Molineux earlier in the season we won a tight match 2-0 with early and late Chamack goals. Hopefully we can finish Wolves off quickly, and, unlike Newcastle, hold the lead.

     Regarding injuries, Song should be back in the squad along with Djourou. Nasri is still out so I expect Arshavin to substitute. RvP is still a little bit sick but I think he'll be back in time.
Many of our players have been in action this international 'break' so let's pray that they won't be too leggy out their.

     Manchester United takes on Manchester City in a big derby match. Hopefully the two draw or United loses, and we grab the three points against Wolves. That would see us just one point behind the leaders.

     Other than that, not much else. Looking forward to watching the match Saturday morning in full HD on ESPN. And anything but the shit commentators, please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment