Friday, March 18, 2011

West Bromich Albion Preview - Nothing But a Win

Do it again Nanas.

     So here we are. Three weeks ago we were on top of the world; defeating Barcelona and going into the Carling Cup final. Then Koscielny pulled a not-so-practical joke on Szczesny, and fucked our season up. We then went up against Leyton Orient and Nik showed us that he doesn't try when he plays with the first team.    
     Sunderland then came and we were fucked over by the ref but we also didn't play to our ability. To the Camp Nou we then went and we got fucked over again by a referee. Lovely! And then to Old Trafford, where we were shit to a certain extent and lost again. So our past five matches are like this: LWDLL. Very poor for a side that wants to win trophies. Oh excuse me, I said trophies. I mean trophy.

     Because of our poor form and the slump we find ourselves in, in my opinion this match is possibly the most important match Wenger has ever managed for us. Its make it or break it time and without three points I think its safe to say we would be out of the title race.

     So some injury news ahead of the match and Diaby, Song, Walcott, Djourou, Szczesny, and Cesc are out. Not that we need them anyway.
     With that daunting news I expect a lineup to look SOMEWHAT like this:

                      van Persie

    Arshavin                        Bendtner

                          Nasri

               Wilshere     Denilson

Sagna     Koscielny     Squillaci     Clichy

                        Almunia

     This is the lineup that I think will play, but not necessarily what I want. I'd prefer Miquel over Squillaci somewhat; he's looked good in his last two performances but its understandable not to play with him because the pressure to win this match is much more than against Leyton Orient.
     One of the good things about having Diaby out is that Wilshere will go back to his defensive midfield role which should force Nasri to play there. But knowing Wenger and how much he likes to prove me wrong, Rosicky could start in that role, Rosicky could start in Bendnters role, I don't really know. Hopefully I'll get it right someday.

     Carlos Vela is ineligible to play against us this weekend if any of you were wondering, due to the terms of his agreement. And thank god. he'd probably score a last minute goal on us like his last two matches.

     From my understanding of West Brom, they don't have too much trouble scoring, but they do have trouble defending.We need to attack but also be cautious at the back, especially with Denilson in the squad. Not only that, with Squillaci back I don't think we'll be able to play a high line. And I'm not too disappointed; I wasn't a big fan of it anyway.

     I'm confident we can win this match, for several reasons:
  • Lehmann is back to knock us in the nuts if we do anything wrong. 
  • The drive to win the match should be with the players, knowing how important the match is. 
  • Nasri is back in his most comfortable role, instead of being wasted on the right.
  • Wilshere is back in his holding role. 
  • I think van Persie will score after getting close against United. 
  • Based on his performance against United, it looks like Chamakh is finding his form again.
  • Bendtner is back and he likes to play against smaller clubs. 
  • I won't be wearing my Arsenal jersey. I will wear my lucky underwear though; I'm giving the ol' pair one last go to prove to me he has potential. 
     If we lose this match many questions will be raised regarding Wenger and his philosophy. Meanwhile many (Non-Arsenal fans) tend too forget the amount of injuries we have sustained. Without Theo, Cesc, Song, Djoruou, and Vermaelen, that's five of our best starting XI missing. Not only does our squad lack experience and mental strength (despite what Arsene says), it lacks depth. I'm sorry but after Song there is absolutely no one who can assuredly take up his post as the holding man. I also think Arshavin has run his legs off and is approaching the end of his Arsenal career, sadly.
     But I don't want to get off topic. The starting XI I put up above is capable of beating a West Brom side despite the injuries. I reckon a 2-1 win.

     This match is so important. I don't think the players understand just how much weight this match has over the club. Its make it or break it time and we have to try and remind the critics that Arsenal is not a side to be brushed a side. We want to win the league this season. We need to win the league this season. So lets fucking do it.

2 comments:

  1. good article matey from anfield1989

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning all,
    Very nerve-wracking day @ only 0700hrs.
    This is do-able but I don't think it easy.
    Sebastian&Lauren will have to show some skill and daring.Personally I had hoped for Miquel but I guess the coach is not in the mood for a gamble. Anyway, Squillacci is a Vet, he makes a darn good wage and I suppose results in games like these is what the money is for.
    Harsh maybe, But I think fair.
    CM10 Your formation is the same one Sky Sports just now put up on the Live Pre-game.
    Who do you know at the club? Never mind that who's your bookie?
    Come on you Gunners!

    ReplyDelete